jKing

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Everyones a narcissist!

Yo

Now that I have time on my hands I can update my blog!

Today was alright. I am content with the lack of activity in my life.


Today consisted of :

1. Food
2. TV
3. Computer

Sound a little familiar?
Bingo,my life consists of:

1. Food
2. TV
3. Computer

Woot,I have nothing happening! The RL Times second edition is due on this week which I am very excited for,its going to be 1000 times better than the first edition,I promise. After talking to a very special friend of mine this past weekend we pin-pointed why I have been overwhelmed with apathy. The answer came from a dude named maslow.

For those of you who are not familiar with Maslow,and his pyramid I have included a link at the bottom.

According to her, I need Self-actualization.

Self-actualization

Self-actualization (a term originated by Kurt Goldstein) is the instinctual need of a human to make the most of their unique abilities. Maslow described it as follows:

Self Actualization is the intrinsic growth of what is already in the organism, or more accurately, of what the organism is. (Psychological Review, 1949)
A musician must make music, the artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be. This need we may call self-actualisation. (Motivation and Personality, 1954.)
And this leaves me exactly where I started. What the hell do I do with myself? There are things I do that I put time and effort into,but I dont actually care about. How long untill I find the field that suits me best? I dont know. I will be satisfied if I do not climb any higher on maslows pyramid. I have food,shelter and love, which means I'll survive.

I visited my brother in treatment today, It was shocking to say the least. Here he is,couped up in this old building surrouned by others like himself. I hate for him to be there. I wanted to bring him home with me. But its best that he stay there and complete the treatment program,regardless if it works or not. Alcoholism runs rampant in my family, I only hope my casual drinking will not turn into something more serious and put me in a situation like my brother. I played Chess with Joe(my brother) during my visit to the facility. Here he is,a recovering alcoholic who hasnt had a drink in a week or so, hasnt played chess in 5 years. And he beats me. I'm not quite sure what to think of this yet. But when I come to a conclusion I'll surely post it here.

Civ4 turned out to be a dissapointment, I played it for a few days and grew bored of it. Call Of Duty 2 seems a bit more fun, I played its predecssor for the entire summer of 2003,hopefully 2 will be just as fun.

Winter break starts this week, I look forward to the jolly family time, a new years party with my friends and illegal substances. Also A LAN type deal with a close cousin who I havent spent time with in a month or so. That will turn out fun,it always does. Also payday this week, hopefully I'll have enough(money)to keep me drunk through St.Patricks day..

I donated 5 dollars to Wiki today! Im so thoughtful and giving. I sure did help alot of people in the world. Surly im not a narcissist!

Im just about out mis-spelled jargon to throw on this lame excuse of a friend,Cya


email me at tard.james@gmail.com if youre a narcissist like me!


Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home